Whiterock Weyr

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whiterock Weyr

A dragon adoption game based on Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern.

Weekly Poll #7--CLOSED

Kitsuneko
    Kitsuneko
    Admin

Weekly Poll #7--CLOSED Empty Weekly Poll #7--CLOSED

Post  Kitsuneko Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:53 pm

So, I have actually been planning for a while to include sport dragons eventually. Unless I get a huge backlash of protests, I am going to at least include white dragons. (And yes, they are going to be rare. Rarer than queens, hopefully. ) There are a couple conditions that have to be met before they could even begin to appear (and at best, we're about halfway there), and dud eggs cannot show up from just any clutch. Then, chances are likely it won't hatch, so no worries about the Weyr being overrun by not-actually-very-rare sport dragons.
    So, while white dragons are at least canon, should I stick to just that color or include some other solid colors? I was thinking about adding black to the possible colors, and maybe some other solid colors (silver, cream, red, etc.). I don't want to let it get out of hand, though, either; I like keeping this reasonably close to canon, so there won't be any siamese-clouded red-purples or the like. XP (I kinda like Yakima's Silver-Copper-Cream-Black-White analogue to the normal colors, as well. I might ask about using that.)

Poll #1414997 Weekly Poll #7
    Open to: All, detailed results viewable to: All

Which rare colors should be included?
    View Answers

No rares at all, keep it to the canon colors!
    3 (23.1%)

Just whites.
    1 (7.7%)

Whites and blacks only.
    3 (23.1%)

Other solid colors as well.
    3 (23.1%)

Other (Specific colors?)
    0 (0.0%)

I don't care.
    3 (23.1%)

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:35 am