Whiterock Weyr

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whiterock Weyr

A dragon adoption game based on Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern.

Weekly Poll #4--CLOSED

Kitsuneko
    Kitsuneko
    Admin

Weekly Poll #4--CLOSED Empty Weekly Poll #4--CLOSED

Post  Kitsuneko Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:51 pm

So, as to the results of the last poll...The Interval yes/no question was completely tied, so...after doing some calculations, it turns out a full Pass would be over a RL year long, with a halved Interval being almost exactly two years. o,o So...yeah, I decided we're not going to be having a Pass-Interval system. It gets to a point where you just gotta say 'screw realism, this takes too long!' Razz

The second part, involving retirement, was in favor of retiring after a period of higher danger, by one vote. So in the future (it'll still be way in the future, if the game lasts that long!) dragons will be at a disadvantage in threadfall once they reach their 30th cycle (60 years old) and they'll be forced to retire if they reach 35 cycles. I think, maybe, if a dragon reaches retirement age after having fought in at least 25-or-so threadfalls, they get an award or something, I don't know yet.

So, on to this week's poll! I've actually had the horse image finished for a while, but I wanted to know your opinions about 'em first, before I start putting them up for sale. Should there be horse racing? It'll be an extra source of point income, and it'd have to be a fairly simple set-up (I just don't have time for anything complicated). I also have genetic code generators set up for making horses (and cats and dogs, for that matter), so there could be breeding between owners as well. On the other hand, I know this is supposed to be a dragon game, not a horse game, so who would be interested, and who thinks I should just not bother? Is anyone interested in buying horses at all? Comments are especially appreciated on this poll, if you please.

Poll #1404187 Weekly Poll #4
    Open to: All, detailed results viewable to: All

What do you think about horses?
    View Answers

I'm not interested in horses at all, I'll stick to dragons.
    5 (45.5%)

Horses as pets, yeah, but no breeding or races.
    0 (0.0%)

Maybe breeding horses (and dogs/cats?) but not racing them.
    0 (0.0%)

Races and breeding and everything is good!
    3 (27.3%)

Racing, no breeding necessary.
    2 (18.2%)

Other?
    1 (9.1%)

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:38 pm