Whiterock Weyr

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whiterock Weyr

A dragon adoption game based on Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern.

Weekly Poll #3--CLOSED

Kitsuneko
    Kitsuneko
    Admin

Weekly Poll #3--CLOSED Empty Weekly Poll #3--CLOSED

Post  Kitsuneko Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:50 pm

Since there have been some questions about it, this week is a triple poll! Cause they are somewhat related. A while back, Dray suggested that Whiterock have a full Pass-Interval system, which sounds interesting to me. The main problem with this is that we'd have a full 75 cycles of no threadfall rounds (and fewer clutches)! I would probably be running Spring Games about the same as threadfighting now, though realistically, it would be neither as common nor as dangerous as the threadfall rounds. There's also the possiblity of running horse races and the like in the Interval, but there'll be more on that on another poll. Though I suppose we could cut the Interval time in half, have it as 75 years instead of 150, and 37-38 cycles? In which case, would the cycles cover 4 years, making dragons age twice as fast?

And on that note, now comes the second issue. How long should dragons be allowed to fight in threadfall before they get too old and are "retired"? Should they be retired immediately, or allowed to fly, with a higher chance of dying, until an absolute age is reached where they're forcibly retired? Possibly, ther could be a reward of some kind if a pair actually reaches the point of retirement. From what I remember of canon, it was mentioned that dragonriders lived longer than most, sometimes into their 100s, so it would probably be somewhere between 25-40 cycles (the dragons being 50-80 years old and the riders roughly 15-20 years older). Or you may prefer a simpler, "timeless" game. Okay, so I'll shut up now and get on with the polls.

Poll #1400511 Weekly Poll #3
    Open to: All, detailed results viewable to: All

Should there be a Pass-Interval System?
    View Answers

Yes! The full 50/150 years
    0 (0.0%)

Yes, but cut the Interval time in half
    5 (38.5%)

Forget the "timeline", let's just have endless threadfall.
    4 (30.8%)

I don't care either way.
    4 (30.8%)

I have a different idea!
    0 (0.0%)

Should dragons be forced to retire from threadfall?
    View Answers

Yes
    2 (15.4%)

Yes, but only after a period of higher danger
    4 (30.8%)

No, never
    3 (23.1%)

I don't care.
    4 (30.8%)

If so, how many cycles should it take before they retire? (Remember than a cycle=2 years!)
    View Answers

less than 20
    0 (0.0%)

20-25
    0 (0.0%)

25-30
    3 (25.0%)

30-35
    5 (41.7%)

35-40
    3 (25.0%)

more than 40